The Very First OFP Blog Post!
Well we have finally arrived!
We are very excited to welcome you to orofacialpain.org.uk - the new sister website to trigeminalnerve.org.uk. This is the first website to provide quality information about all aspects of pain in the mouth, head and face in one site. The site is not linked to any particular institution or profit organisation.
We aim to provide unbiased, comprehensive and pragmatic advice and support to both patients suffering from and health practitioners managing chronic oro facial pain (see our mission statement below).
We have linked some excellent resources including existing websites and associations who support patients with texts.
The local team are involved in many projects and one recently funded by Grunenthal can be seen in this video:
Our mission statement:
- Supporting Patients by:
- Making education more accessible for patients about chronic pain in the head face and mouth
- Providing support for patient groups who are not already ‘catered’ for (TNA and Ouch)
- Speeding up referrals thus expediting care for patients with neuropathic pain if treated early on may improve resolution rate and pain relief.
- Providing summarized patient demographics, relevant history, pain, functional and psychological profiling prior to consultation saving valuable time.
- Informing clinicians involved in orofacial pain management by:
- Making education more accessible for clinicians about chronic orofacial pain
- Improving access to optimal specialist OFP services in localized MDTs where possible.
- Improving support for clinicians encountering patients with chronic OFP
- Identifying urgent need for patient care with red flag system highlighting urgent need
- Raising Finance (sponsorship)
- We are a non-profit organisation
- if you are a visitor, patient or clinician, to the site and you have found the information that we have provided helpful please donate to us
- if you are an institution who would like to link to our site please email us
- If you are a lawyer or other professional using the site for information for reports or other work please donate and support the continued development of the site
- Those interested in training please email us
- Those interested in research participation or collaboration, we have plenty of projects ongoing, do contact us